- If you are tired of the sweet pancakes this is something that might be of interest. If you have some cottage cheese or even paneer, crumble or grate them into the same batter for even tastier fare. Savory pancakes - Zucchini and Spinach Savory Pancakes with Harissa
- Power Breakfast! Zucchini and Spinach Dosai Salads Once roasted they can be easily tossed into salads and the slightly sweet taste from the roasting makes it a great addition to any salad.
- Snow Peas and Zucchini Salad with Pineapple
- Bell Pepper and Zucchini Raita
- Easy Zucchini Stir Fry
- Zucchini Puttanesca where the Zucchini is the Pasta! Entrees
- Eggplant, Zucchini and Broccoli Lasagna
- Provencal Tian
- Fusilli with Zucchini and Onion (sans the red or white sauce) Chutneys
- Zucchini Chutney (thuvayal) This chutney is perfect mixed with rice.
- Zucchini chutney (watery) This chutney goes well with idlis or dosais.
Tuesday, July 2, 2013
Zucchini Recipes - Rounded up for the Summer
Zucchini is a vegetable that I had a hard time relating to. They are unlike any vegetable I knew and hardly lend themselves to Indian cooking or so I thought. The first thing I tried them were in a sambhar but did not like the mushy end result destroying its own taste and also the sambhar's. These are very similar to ridge gourd and can be easily substituted for it the only difference being the thicker outer skin of the ridge gourd which keeps it from falling apart. Anyway I slowly got uesd to the tasty qualities of Zucchini and its ability to fit in nicely with Indian recipes. They are indeed very versatile and lend themselves nicely in Pastas, Salads, Vegetable Roasts for use in American fare, Raitas and several kinds of chutneys in India fare. For those of you growing Zucchini and if you are blessed with plenty and those finding fresh locally grown here are some recipe ideas to put those fresh vegetables to good use. I hope these recipes encourage you to use this fantastic vegetable and not run away from those who give you an overdose of this vegetable