Anyway we got some fantastic lamb as a fee for the time that the neighbor goats spent with our bucks. We knew they were delicious after the first time.
This time we got several cuts of the lamb. Stew meat is usually 1 inch pieces of meat without bones. Melt in the mouth delicious when cooked. You can use either a pressure cooker or Instant Pot. I used my trusty old pressure cooker but the Instant pot would have worked beautifully. The pressure cooker makes it ready in no time. If you get boneless goat stew meat this would work beautifully.
Here is the recipe in pictures,
|Prepare the onions, garlic, ginger, green chilies and the meat.|
|Add the onions, garlic, ginger, green chilies to the meat and pressure cook for 3 whistles.|
|Let the pressure release naturally. Heat oil in a kadai and add the seasonings.|
|Add the chopped onions and saute till they are translucent. Add in the cooked meat and salt and cook for 5-6 minutes.|
|Turn off the heat when the required consistency is reached.|
Serve with rice.
Quick and Easy Lamb Meat Masala
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb of lamb stew meat (this is boneless lamb cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger grated or chopped fine
- 1 green or red chili chopped
- 2-3 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp curry masala powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder (optional, depending on heat)
- 1 tsp oil
- seasonings: mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves
- salt to taste
- Wash the meat with some turmeric powder, drain and set aside.
- In a pressure cooker add 3/4 of the chopped onion, ginger, garlic, chopped chilies along with the lamb meat and turmeric powder, 1/2 cup of water* and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Once the pressure subsides open the lid and set the cooked meat aside.
- In a kadai or wide mouthed vessel add oil and when hot add the mustard and cumin seeds. When the mustard seeds start to pop add the curry leaves followed by the onions.
- Saute the onions till they become translucent. Now add the meat and salt to the cooked onions along with the spice powders if adding.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes till the required consistency is reached.
- Note:*Reduce the amount of water to just 2-3 tbsp if you want a dry curry. I wanted it to have a bit of gravy so added 1/2 cup of water.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!