Batter readyAnyway I am proposing that 'Power Lunches' to give way to Power Breakfast. When these powerful people start off with a 'Power Breakfast' they won't get on each other's nerves and maybe would put the affairs of the country in order. I wasn't thinking of that kind of power when I started talking about a power breakfast but nutritious power to start the day. The recipe is simple and the payback enormous. Having this kind of power is way better. What say you? How does someone get this kind of power? If you have left over idli/dosai batter or you can do the same thing with pancake if you like savory pancakes.
Zucchini and Spinach Dosai Ingredients
- 3 Cups of idli/dosai batter
- 1 Cup of Spinach
- 2 tbsp of chopped onions
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1/2 tbsp of grated ginger
- 2 green chilies
- 1 Zucchini grated
- 1 tsp salt
- oil or cooking spray for making dosai
Serve with some carrot chutney`. Notes:
- Blend the spinach, onions, cumin seeds and green chilies together to a smooth paste adding about 1-2 tbsp of water if required. Alternately spinach and onions can be chopped fine.
- Mix this blended paste along with salt, the grated zucchini and salt to the batter.
- Heat a dosai pan and add a laddle of the batter and spread it around to a circle. Add a few drops of oil around the edges. When it start to get a bit browned on the edges, flip and cook on the other side.
- Can be made a bit thicker oothappam (pancake) style.
- Instead of blending the spinach and onions, they can be chopped into pieces and added to the batter