Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Malted Apple and Tropical Fruits Smoothie

I love smoothies. Not fond of mushy bananas but the only thing that keeps me from feeding them to the chickens is my ability to transform them to a smoothie. If you want a mixed fruit smoothie and you don't want it to taste like bananas, you should use apples. I had some frozen tropical fruit mix which had mangoes, pineapples and strawberries.

I have this as an accompaniment to my breakfast or as a mid morning refreshing drink. I like the texture of basil seeds and add a couple of tbsp. of that. Chia seeds might work as a good substitute. I found these yellow opal apples which are really sweet and the skin is fairly thin so don't have to peel the apple. Peeling or using with the peel is your personal preference.

I have my trusty mixer(the Indian style blender) while a Vitamix or a Bullet will make an easy job of it.




Get the fruits, milk, malt and ice ready. Soak the basil seeds.
Blend the fruits, pour them into glasses and top with basil seeds.

Morning or mid morning smoothie is ready to refresh.


 photo IMG_4103_zpsgp55zgmt.jpg

Malted Apple and Tropical Fruits Smoothie
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 2 - 12 ounce glasses
Ingredients
  1. 1 apple cored and cubed (used yellow opal apple)
  2. 1 cup of frozen tropical fruits (fresh is perfectly fine)
  3. 3/4 cup of milk (reduce or use any kind of milk you prefer)
  4. 2 tbsp. of malt (I used Horlicks, Carnation malted milk is perfectly fine)
  5. 5-6 ice cubes
  6. 1/2 tbsp. of basil seeds

Method
  1. Soak the basil seeds in 2 tbsp. of water or milk.
  2. Depending on the blender/mixer thaw the frozen fruit a little bit. I have to for mine.
  3. Take all the ingredients in a blender jar other than the basil seeds, and blend it in high 1-2 minutes till it is all blended smooth.
  4. Pour into glasses and add about a tbsp. of the soaked basil seeds. Mix and enjoy.

Like what you are reading? Subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Appreciate you taking the time.
Comments embedded with links, spam and in poor taste will not be published.