Daily Musings turned 2. It completely escaped my mind till dear Linda reminded about it in this beautiful post. It has been a rewarding two years and I am amazed that the blog has survived this long. Thank you to each one of you for visiting, taking time to leave a comment or feedback. The different things I have learned and continue to learn is enormous.
Tip 1: Reduce the water pressure in the faucets and shower. This reduces to a large extent the amount of water used.
Tip 2: Use cotton towels or rags in the kitchen instead of paper towels.
Recipe Source: Baked Fennel Tomato Casserole
Intially set out to make the Baked Fennel and Tomato Casserole but at the last moment switched to making the burrito instead to add some carbs into the picture. The fennel was what attracted me to the recipe in the first place having wanted to cook with it for some time now.
1. 1 Fennel bulb - stalks removed, the hard core at the bottom removed and sliced.
2. 3 Roma tomatoes seeded and cut into quarters
3. 1 tsp pepper
4. 1 tsp butter or ghee
5. salt to taste
6. 4 eggs
7. Cheese as desired (harbenero pepper cheese)
9. Chili Garlic Pepper Sauce or any sauce preferred
1. Heat a sauce pan with water add salt and cook the fennel till soft, drain. In the meantime bake/broil the tomatoes
2. Heat some ghee in a pan and add the fennel and saute it with the pepper and salt.
3. Transfer them to an oven proof bowl. Lay the tomatoes on top.
4. Sprinkle the cheese and set it in a oven for about 3-4 minutes till the cheese melts. (I used the toaster oven)
Assembling the tortilla
1. Heat a griddle, break an egg, season with salt and pepper and cook covered for 4 minutes (you can leave the yolk unbroken or break it a bit so it cooks fully)
2. Warm the tortilla, place the egg on top, add the fennel tomato topping
3. Sprinkle some chili garlic sauce, roll and serve.