Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Grain of the Week - 26 - Bhutan Red Rice

I had no idea that there were so many different varieties of rice till I embarked on this Grain of the week project. Rice is a staple in my diet but sadly only the white rice gets top billing while there is many of these colorful rice varieties which get ignored as something exotic.


Like what you are reading? Subscribe!
Even when I have many of these varieties around I found it hard to give up the white rice which is so much more readily and cheaply available. I have a lot of recipes that I want to try with these newer varieties of rice that I am hoping to get to before the year is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Appreciate you taking the time.
Comments embedded with links, spam and in poor taste will not be published.