Thursday, November 23, 2006

Apple Almond Pancakes

Is economics more important than everything else, it certainly seems so. Look what happened to freedom of expression. Read this op-ed in the New York Times "Gaining Power, Losing Values" I am certainly not proud of what my home country is doing. The article was forwarded by a friend R.

"Happy Thanksgiving" everybody.

If you have friends visiting and would like to please them with something different this is a very easy and delicious recipe. H and D are very fond of pancakes, they found a recipe for Walnut and Apple pancakes and made them one weekend and it was a big hit, thought I had saved the recipe but lost it. This is our attempt to recreate the recipe.


DSCN1637

Ingerdients (makes 14 pancakes)
1. 2 Cups of All purpose flour (substitute with 1 1/2 cup whole wheat and 1/2 cup all purpose flour)
2. 2 apples peeled and shredded in a food processor or grated
3. 12 almonds peeled and shredded
4. a pinch of baking soda
5. 1 tbsp brown sugar
6. 1 1/2 cups milk (I used 2% milk, if using water use a little less)
7. 2 Eggs beaten
8. 1 tbsp of butter (it is thanksgiving after all)

DSCN1636

Method
1. Mix all of the ingredients without any lumps. Mix the apple, almonds and eggs first, follow by adding flour a little by little and milk.
2. Heat a griddle or pan smear with butter and add a laddle of batter, cook on one side, flip on other side and cook till golden brown.

Serve warm with syrup, jelly or whipped cream. The pancake did not need any additional syrup it was tasty just by itself. The family and my cousin absolutely loved it.

4 comments:

  1. Hi ISG -- apple and almond pancakes look lovely! I am taking a break from cooking before company arrives. Wanted to tell you I'm making your brinjal/brussels sprouts curry to go with dinner today.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make apple pancakes often, will add almonds next time. Thank you for the recipe.Happy thanksgiving to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful combo Indo!Apple and Almonds! I am happppyyy!

    Hey I am e mailing you from the beach:D I know, I know, but EVERYTHING is closed today, got nothing else to do but watch the ocean and some surfing the blog!

    Hava a great day.Love the pancakes,I will try when I go home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Indo,
    Apple and almond pancakes looks lovely.. can we mix the apple and almond shreads with the readymade pancake mix and try this recipe?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Appreciate you taking the time.
Comments embedded with links, spam and in poor taste will not be published.