I apologize for not being active on this blog. Too many things going on. We moved and now live in the farm, which means more fun and lot more work. Anyway on to the recipe,
A friend made an unexpected visit a weekend. She brought some crisp bread with her. They are more like crackers but only bigger and crispier. While I was wondering what to make I thought who doesn't like melted cheese on crackers? Pair them with some sliced Avocadoes or fig jam and they are a treat. You can also add sauted some vegetables and top them on the crackers.
|Get the crsip bread ready. Get the vegetables sauteed and ready to go.|
|Add the cheese and vegetables to the crisp bread. Place them in the toaster oven till the cheese melts for about 10-15 minutes.|
|Add the cheese and vegetables to the crisp bread. Place them in the toaster oven till the cheese melts.|
An easy to eat snack is ready in just a few minutes. If you do not want to bother avocado, tomatoes or even minced jalapeno pickles very well.
Crisp Bread with melted cheese and vegetablesLike what you are reading? Subscribe!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Zucchini (mushroom or any kind of squash, avocado, tomatoes)
- 1/2 tsp chili or pepper powder
- salt to taste
- Pepper Jack Cheese chopped or sliced (or any cheese of your choice that can be melted)
- 1 packet of Crisp Bread or any hard fairly larger size crackers **
- Chop the zucchini into tiny cubes (if using mushroom or squash do the same thing). Slice the avocados and tomatoes if using but skip the next step. *
- In wide mouthed pan heat the oil and when hot in high heat add the zucchini and saute till it partially cooked. Add salt and pepper or chili powder and give a good mix and turn the heat off.
- Take the crisp bread and line it with cheese mixed in with the vegetables.
- Place in a toaster oven at 350F for about 10-15 till the cheese melts.
- Note:** Use crackers that can toasted to get the cheese melted.
- * If using avocados or tomatoes add them and sprinkle the pepper after the cracker comes out of the toaster.