Even the not so ripe watermelons are still full of taste and sweetness so it was not hard eating them but towards the end , we had eaten a little too many. Did not want to toss the watermelons so I pulped a couple and froze it. These watermelon had seeds in them if you have the seedless ones it is even more easier.
Who knew we would a couple of hot days in winter, hot is a relative term here, will crave for something cold. That is when I fished out the frozen watermelon from the back of the freezer. What do you know that is the perfect cold treat we all craved.
I made some sugar syrup to add to the ice but if the fruits pulp is sweet on its own, reduce the amount of sugar added.
Shall we make and enjoy some of that delicious watermelon ice?
Preparation Time:10 minutes
- Frozen Watermelon pulp (any frozen fruit pulp should work)
- Juice from a 1/2 lime
- 3 tsp sugar (reduce as per sweetness of the fruit)
- 1/2 cup of finely diced pineapple for garnish (optional)
- In a sauce pan add 1/4 cup of water, add the lime juice and the sugar and let it come to a boil for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and cool down completely.
- In a serving glass scrape the frozen watermelon till it is about 3/4th full.
- Spoon in 1 1/2 - 2 tsp of the sugar syrup and sprinkle some chopped pineapples on top.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!