The jalapenos in this recipe are not added for the heat. Heat is from the red chili powder and the green chilies. Add more or less as per your heat tolerance.
I like to use Cornish hen to do the roast but regular chicken thighs, breast, drumsticks or wings or a combination of all could be used.
|Roast the split jalapenos in a cast iron pan and set aside. In the same pan add more oil and add the chicken pieces and let cook till the water almost evaporates.|
|Add the ginger,garlic and slit green chilies and saute till they start to roast.|
|Add in the masala powder and let it cook till the check is well roasted. Add the roasted jalapenos.|
Pan Roasted Jalapeno Chicken (Cornish Hen)
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:25 minutes
- 2 Cornish hens cut into bite side pieces(regular chicken -use breast or thigh along with the drumsticks and wings)
- 20 Jalapeno cut and seeds removed
- 3-4 shallots finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp of chicken masala powder or curry powder
- 2 tsp of red chili powder or black pepper powder (optional)
- 5 green chilies slit
salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp oil
Serve over rice and a cup of yogurt on the side
- Cut the jalapenos in half, remove the seeds and ribs. Heat about 1 tsp of oil in a cast iron pan and roast the peppers till they start to turn color. Remove and set aside.
- In the same cast iron pan add the remaining oil, add the chicken pieces, in about 3-4 minutes the chicken will release moisture. Keep the heat on high and let it cook till most of the water evaporates (6- 8 minutes). The chicken should be mostly cooked by this time.
- Add the chopped shallots, garlic, slit green chilies and ginger and mix it in well. Saute for about 6-8 minutes. By this time the water should have mostly evaporated and everything starting to roast. Add salt and mix.
- Add in the masala powder and continue to roast so the chicken is well coated and looks nicely roasted (4-5 minutes). To get it to a crispy state roast longer and add more oil if required.
- When you think the chicken has roasted enough tip in the roasted jalapenos. Mix.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!