Roasting the squash is a very simple process. The flavor of roasted squash cannot be compared to the canned ones. If you sprinkle some brown sugar or red chili powder for a savory version, the roasted squash can be eaten just like that - as a snack.
|Split the squash and rub either olive oil or butter and roast the squash at 350F for about 1 hours 15 minutes.|
|Cool and using a spoon remove the pulp.|
|Using a fork or the back of the spoon mash the pulp.|
I roasted Acorn Squash but the same process can be used for any of the other squash or pumpkin. The recipes I made with the puree are coming up soon.
Roasted Acorn Squash - For Puree
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Baking Time:1 hour and 15 minutes
- 1 Acorn Squash Cut in half or 3 pieces
- a few dabs of butter or olive oil for a vegan version
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Rub the butter or olive oil on the cut squash and roast for an hour for it to be fully cooked and soft. Bake for another 15 minutes to be used for making a puree.
- Let the roasted squash cool and scrape the flesh out with a sharp edge of a spoon.
- Mash with the back of the spoon.
- Use the require amount and freeze the leftovers.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!