Update: This year happens to be the International Year of the Potato, and Sia from Monsoon Spice is holding a wonderful event Ode to Potato. This lovely dish is going to participate in her event but with a Warning - she may look at it but not taste it, she is on a diet you see :)
Recipe Source: Washinton Post Recipe Finder
1. 3 Medium Sized Potatoes, peeled cubed and boiled to fork tender in salted water
2. 1 1/2 Coriander leaves washed and chopped
3. 1/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar/Monterey Jack Cheese
4. 1/4 tbsp red chili powder (optional)
Mix the above and set aside
For the Sauce
5. 1 Can Enchilada Sauce (10 oz)
6. 1 Medium Sized Onion chopped
7. 4 garlic cloves chopped
8. 1 tsp cumin powder
9. 1/2 tbsp Chili powder
a. Heat about a tsp oil in a skillet, when hot add the onions and garlic and saute till translucent
b. Add the cumin and chili powders.
c. Add the Enchilada Sauce along with a cup of water.
d. Let it boil for about 10 minutes.
e. Check for salt and heat and adjust
10. 8 Tortillas
11. 1/2 Cup of Grated Gruyere Cheese + Cheddar/Monteray Jack Cheese
1. Take a baking dish and spray with oil.
2. Spread some of the prepared Enchilada sauce on the bottom
3. Heat the tortilla
4. Set some of the potato mixture in the midldle and roll.
5. Place on the baking dish.
6. Repeat for all of the tortillas, stacking them tightly in the baking dish
7. Pour the sauce over the tortillas.
8. Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top.
9. Bake in a preheated 400F oven for 20 minutes.
Serve and enjoy, Gooey Goodness indeed.