I am so glad we did because the meat was sensational. We normally do not eat lamb but after this delicious tasting lamb we are simply waiting for the next time we get some of his lambs' meat. Of course he sells but not on a regular schedule only when his sheeps lamb. But we are lucky to get access to this high quality meat.
|Rub spice powder on the Lamb Loin and set aside for 20 minutes. Heat the cast iron pan with oil.|
|Roast the lamb loin on all sides.|
|Roast in a preheated 400F oven for 25- 30 minutes till well done. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.|
Slice the meat and it can be used in a pita pocket for a sandwich or be eaten as such.
Indian Style Lamb Loin Roast
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Roasting Time: 40 minutes
- 1 lamb loin bone in
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp jalapeno pepper powder or red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of regular oil
- Mix all the dry spice powders with the oil and rub all over the lamb loin evenly and let it sit for 20 minutes or so.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Heat a cast iron add a tsp of regular oil and when hot add the loin and roast on all sides so the outside is sealed.
- Now put the cast iron pan and roast for 25 -30 minutes till the lamb is completely cooked and well done, when cut there should not be any pink parts but do not overcook.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes before slicing and enjoying.
Perhaps some of the best tasting lamb. Can be sliced and eaten in pita with some lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers and some yogurt sauce.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!