I usually try to grow potatoes during the summer but did not this summer. Having newly grown baby potatoes would have been even better. Garlic and potatoes are a match that can set anybody's taste buds sing with joy. Potatoes can be cooked in several different ways but nothing can beat the taste of roasted potatoes right?. While baby potatoes work best for this recipe, if all you have is bigger potatoes cut them into smaller pieces and proceed with the recipe.
Recipe in pictures,
|Wash and boil the potatoes for 8 minutes, drain and cut them in half.|
|Smash the garlic remove the skin and chop the garlic into fine pieces. Heat the cast iron pan and add oil.|
|Add the garlic and saute it for a minute. Fish out the garlic if you prefer, add in the potatoes.|
|Add chili powder and salt and saute till the potatoes are well roasted. Will take about 15 minutes.|
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb of baby potatoes both red and yellow
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp of chili powder (use as much or less as you want, this amount will make it spicy)
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp of oil
- Wash and cut the potatoes in half, if they are really small leave them whole.
- Boil the potatoes for about 8 minutes in total. Not to cook but to just soften them a little bit.
- Mash the garlic with the back of a knife and then chop them into smaller pieces.
- To a cast iron pan add oil and add in the garlic. let it flavor the oil, you can fish them out and then add the potatoes. (see note:)
- Saute the potatoes for another 15 minutes or so till it well roasted. Towards the last few minutes of roasting add the chili powder and salt and saute for a couple more minutes.
- Note:Garlic tends to burn quickly so remove them from the heat and add them towards the end. I fished them out towards the middle and added them in the end.
Goes well as a side or an appetizer by itself.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!