With that said I am going to feel guilty every time I cook something she likes. DD and DD2 love paneer. Though I am a recent and reluctant paneer convert. I like the fact that any recipe made with it is hard to mess up.
A colleague of mine is on a diet or challenge of some sort. Any way, it was cottage cheese and fruits for breakfast one morning. She does not like cottage cheese so had this amazing pan roasted paneer(they are cottage cheese too right?) which need I say were fantastic. The recipes calls for only spice powders and ginger and garlic powder which makes the cooking that much faster. You can always use ginger garlic paste if you prefer. The cooking time will take a bit more.
|Mix the marinade in oil and set aside. Cut the paneer into cubes or rectangles.|
|Toss the paneer cubes in the marinade. Heat a flat bottomed pan and lightly coat with oil.|
|Place the paneer pieces on the pan in a single layer. Let cook on one side, flip and cook on the other side till golden.|
|Remove and drain on paper towels. Serve with onion slices and lemon wedges.|
Pan Roasted Tandoori Paneer
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 12 oz block of Paneer (I used store bought)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp curry masala powder or tandoori masala (any kind of masala powder will work)
- salt to taste
Serve with lemon wedges and sliced onions.
- Cut the paneer into desired shapes. Thin rectangles is what works best.
- Mix the rest of the spices in the olive oil till smooth in a wide mouthed pan.
- Now toss the paneer with the spice mixture and set aside.
- Now heat a cast iron pan or any flat griddle spread with oil.
- Once the oil shimmers place the panner in one layer. Cook on one side for about 3-4 minutes or slightly longer till it become golden brown.
- Flip and cook on the other side til golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!