While this is a good accompaniment for the Satay, it can be served alongside a variety of other dishes as well. Fried rice, noodles, salad, a spice and sour element for Guacamole dip and also in a sandwich.
In a Egg Sandwich - Delicious
Making it is pretty easy and takes hardly any time at all. If you are looking to make some relish, give this a try.
|Prepare the vinegar solution. Bring vinegar, salt and sugar to a boil till it dissolves and cool to room temperature.|
|Prepare the cucumbers and chilies. Remove the seeds in the cucumber and make small dices. Cut the chilies and shake to remove the seeds. Set aside.|
|Add the cucumbers and chilies to the cooled vinegar solution and spoon them into sterilized bottles..|
Thai Cucumber and Chili Relish
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:10 minutes
- 3 cucumbers (I used Persian small cucumbers)
- 8-10 Fresh Red Chilies (or fewer)
- 2 tbsp diced red onions (optional, I did not add)
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut the cucumber in half and remove the seeds and then chop into small dices.
- Cut the chilies if using into small rounds and shake out the seeds that fall out.
- In a saucepan add the rice vinegar, salt and sugar and bring it a boil till the sugar dissolves. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Add in the chopped cucumbers, chilies and onion if using to the cooled vinegar. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Spoon into a sterilized glass bottle and store in the refrigerator.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!