Eggs and mushrooms go well together. The only thing with mushrooms is that they have to be spicy to taste good is what I think. If you want them stuffed in a pita bread slightly spicier the better. Button, crimini, portabella mushrooms any of them will work in this recipe.
Cut the mushrooms into 1/4 inch dices. You can also add bell pepper cut into 1/4 inch dice as well. I used mushroom, onions and hot chili peppers.
Now on to the recipe,
|HEat oil in a saute and add the chopped green chilies and onions and saute till the onions are browned.|
|Add in the mushroom and saute till they are cooked.|
|Add salt and pepper powder mix and add the eggs and continue to saute till the eggs are cooked and scrambled.|
|Heat the pita bread, slit and stuff with the scrambled egg.|
An easy and quick but tasty breakfast is ready.
Scrambled Eggs with Mushroom on a Pita
Preparation Time:5 minutes
Cooking Time:20 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions or shallots
- 4 cups of diced mushrooms (I used portabella mushrooms)
- 6 green chilies finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp of red chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pocket pita, flat bread or bread slices
- Any spread of choice (optional)
- In a saute pan add oil and when hot add the green chilies and the onions.
- Saute till the onions are starting to brown. Now add the mushrooms and on medium high heat continue to saute till the mushrooms start to wilt and is cooked. (the mushrooms should be as dry as possible)
- Add salt and chili powder, mix, reduce the heat and add the eggs and saute till the egg is completely cooked.
- Sprinkle the pepper powder, mix and remove from heat.
- Heat the pita bread, slit, apply spread and fill with the mushroom-egg mixture. Serve hot
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!