Now look at these photos and guess what place this is.
Can you see those waterfalls?
On weekdays 5:30 - 7:00AM is probably the busiest around our home. Breakfast and lunch to be packed for the kids. DD and DD2 both hate PBJ sandwiches and with that out of the picture a quick, creative and unjunky but like fast food is the criteria. Can't spend too much time and be late for the bus. This egg chapati fits the bill perfectly, takes less than 15 minutes and a tasty no whine lunch is ready. Just have the dough ready ahead of time.
egg on chapati
egg cooked, cheese spread on top
packed and ready to go
1. Prepared chapati dough
2. 2 Eggs
3. 2 handfuls of grated cheese
4. 1/2 cup cooked broccoli or grated carrot (optional)
5. pepper and salt to taste
6. 1 tsp ghee
1. Roll out the chapati
2. Heat a griddle and cook the chapati on one side till spots start to appear,flip and cook for a few seconds. (Keep the heat at medium low to avoid burning).
3. Place the undercooked side on the griddle and break the egg on top, spread it around.
4. Place a lid to cover the egg and cook for 2-3 minutes till the eggs are set. (if you like runny eggs you can stop now but I like to cook the eggs completely)
5. Lift the chapati and before you flip it on to the pan, brush the pan with the ghee and let the egg side cook for 2 more minutes
6. Flip again and spread the cheese over the egg and let it melt. If you adding broccoli or carrot add it now and let it heat through for 2-3 minutes.
Giveaway - Details on the side bar. Drawing in a couple of days and will be posted by 8:00 AM ET on Friday, March 19, 2010.