They can be made into a curry when paired with other vegetables like this Brinjal, Spinach and Brussel Sprouts Curry.
For some reason I avoid cooking curries, sambhar or poriyal with brussel sprouts but they are fantastic roasted and it is a much sought after snack or side in our house. Very easy to make and if you have a toaster oven there is no reason to fire up the big oven.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:20 minutes
Serves : 4-6
- 20 brussel sprouts end trimmed and cut in half
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder (substitute with any spice of choice)
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp of basting oil(olive oil with some herbs) or olive oil + 1 crushed garlic
- Toss the brussel sprouts with the oil, spice and salt and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes.
- Spread them in a sing layer with cut side on top first, broil for 6-8 minutes and then flip and broil for 3-4 minutes.
Ready to eat.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!