|blended dried fruits||cooked fruit paste halfway done|
Dried Figs and Blueberries Fudgy Bar Preparation Time:20 minutes + overnight soaking Cooking Time: 30 - 45 minutes Ingredients
- 1 cup dried figs
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup of slightly roasted and nuts (pecans, almonds and pistachios) chopped coarsely but closer to the powdery side. Set 2tbsp aside for garnish.
- 2 tbsp of palm sugar + 2 tbsp of turbinado sugar or brown sugar (I used brown sugar)
- 2 tbsp of ghee
- Soak the figs and blueberries in as little water as possible preferably overnight and blend to a smooth paste.
- In a pan heat half of the ghee and add the blended paste and cook it till comes together about 25 minutes or so.
- Add the sugar and the chopped nuts and continue to cook till the sugar is incorporated into the fruit mixture and cook for another 20 minutes or so till it reaches soft ball stage.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared pan which has been greased with some ghee. Spread the mixture evenly in the tray.
- Let cool and cut into square bars. Sprinkle powdered nuts on top.