Hence our decision to buy ourselves a waffle maker or more like DH decided to buy one. Now that he has his breakfast days and I am positive he wants to impress and the kids have been happy customers. We got apple pancakes one day, banana pancakes another day and last weekend it was Waffles. I am not a big fan of waffles or pancakes but homemade steaming hot waffles will make a convert out of anybody.
Cooked and ready to be frozen for the week.
DD2 found the recipe on the internet and most of the mixing was done by her.
Recipe Source: cooks.com - Pancake and Waffle Mix
The recipe was being followed methodically till I stepped in. I added 4 cups of milk instead of the 3 the recipe called for so we skipped the oil. The waffles till came out very good I think.
1. 3 1/2 cups of flour
2. 2 tbsp baking powder
3. 1 tsp salt
4. 2 tbsp sugar
5. 4 cups of milk
6. 4 eggs (we did not separate the eggs and beat them separately)
6. 1 tbsp cooking oil
1. Sift together the dry ingredients and set aside.
2. Beat the eggs until frothy.
3. To the dry ingredients add the milk and whisk them together (electric whisk works best).
4. Now add the egg mixture and oil to the batter and continue whisking till the batter comes together.
5. Heat the waffle iron and make waffle as per direction or heat a griddle and make pancakes.
1. Beating the egg whites separately to stiff peaks and folding them in the end would give fluffier pancakes.
For the sauce
1. Heat berries (any kind) in a sauce pan with a tbsp of sugar till the berries break apart. Spoon over waffles.