Serving breakfast is not that big a deal if you are willing to spend about 15 minutes. Scramble some eggs, toast some bread and have some favorite spreads ready and there is nothing much to it. My most favorite meal of the day is breakfast and so I do not mind spending some time on it. Even in the limited world of non sugary breakfast foods available there are plenty of variations that would make for a perfect meal.
The main reason I decided to dedicate a post for it. While I have used jalapeno spread for this you could use hummus, harrissa, cheese spread or just plain butter. While cooking scrambled eggs in the morning I do not add onions just because it takes a bit more time. If you have the time by all means add onions, mushrooms and even bell peppers.
Quick Breakfast - Toast with scrambled eggs
Preparation Time:5 minutes
Cooking Time:10 minutes
- 8 slices of bread
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup onion chopped fine (optional)
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp of oil
- a pat of butter to toast the bread.
- 1 tbsp jalapeno spread or tomato relish
- Heat oil and if adding saute the onions till they are translucent.
- Break the eggs one by one and add them to the hot pan.
- Stir continuously till the eggs are set and they are full cooked.
- Sprinkle pepper powder and salt.
- Toast the bread with some butter and then spread the relish and 2 slices of bread. Stack some scrambled eggs and breakfast is ready.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!