The trick here is to have the milk cold and the orange juice should be equally cold. I know normally we do not add warm milk to milkshake. So mostly you are in the clear. But just bear in mind the milk has to be chilled. In the US this is generally not a problem because we keep milk in jars in the fridge anyways.
As for dealing with the orange, I segmented the oranges removed as much of the skin and all the pith and blended them together first and then added the milk. If you want a smoother milkshake you might want to run the blended oranges through a sieve. This is perfect on a hot summer afternoon.
Preparation Time:15 minutes
- 2 large oranges peeled, pitted and segmented without skins
- 1 cup of chilled milk
- 1/2 cup of ice cold water
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 1/2 tbsp of sugar or honey (optional)
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Take the cleaned orange segments, sugar if using, ice and the cold water and blended till smooth. The blended mixture will have some pulp. You can run the whole mixture through a sieve and return to the blender. I did not do it.
- Now add the milk and ice cream and run the blender once in low speed.
- Transfer them to serving containers.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!