Whenever you get some good quality kale, chard or collard you should save the excess. Wash, cut, remove the excess moisture and freeze them for later use. Having frozen ready to use greens makes dinner or lunch that much easier. This recipe came about with just such an arrangement. I had some frozen kale and a pack of store bought naan ready to be used. I also had a pack of Queso Blanco cheese which I wanted to use and in hindsight this was a great cheese to use on a pizza. It is non aged cheese just like paneer and is very mild and creamy.
Preparation Time:5 minutes
Cooking Time:15-20 minutes
For the Kale
- 3-4 cups of kale
- 1/4 cup of chopped onions
- 3-4 broken green chilies
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp of oilFor the Pizza
- 5-6 Naan
- 1 block of Queso Blanco Cheese (or any cheese of your choice)
- Jalapeno pickles (optional)
- In a wide mouthed pan heat oil and when hot add the onions and red chilies, saute the onions till they turn translucent.
- Add the kale leaves and salt and saute for a few minutes till the kale is wilted.
- Set aside and pick the red chilies out.
- Cut the block of cheese into smaller pieces.
- Take the naan, spread the kale in a single layer over the naan. Sprinkle as much or as little cheese as you want.
- Place a few jalapeno pieces on the cheese.
- Heat for 5-8 minutes in a toaster oven at 400F till the cheese melts or longer if desired.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!