There are several things that kids need to learn and enjoy then being trained to become automatons. Don't get me wrong DD & DD2 have have to get good grades and try their best but I will feel terribly guilty if I push them to do organized activities to the exclusion of everything else. You can read the article and decide where you stand in that scale with respect to pushing kids to become igh achievers.
We all want the best for our kids so here is an opportunity to make something that the kids actually like.
This recipe came about when I did not have a plan as what to cook for lunch on a lazy weekend. I had a couple of bell peppers, some frozen fish (halibut I think it was) and a necessity to cook lunch quickly. This recipe came about that way. Nothing special but a quick and easy way to get something tasty done. This can be had with rice or wrapped in a tortilla or even chapathi or as a side with rice and some dal perhaps.
Spicy Fish Poriyal with Bell PeppersLike what you are reading? Subscribe!
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:20 minutes
- 5-6 filets of any firm fleshed fish cut into bite sized chunks
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced red onion or shallots
- 2 bell pepper cored and diced
- 1/2 tbsp of red chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 tsp of ginger grated
- 3-4 green chilies cut really small(optional)
- salt to taste
- 2-3 tsp of oil
- seasonings: cumin seeds
- In a wide mouthed pan or cast iron pan heat the oil and when hot add the cumin seeds followed by the green chilies if using and onions and saute till they are just about turning translucent. Add the ginger and garlic and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the bell peppers and let them cook on medium high heat for about 7-8 minutes till the bell pepper starts to change color.
- Add the chili powder and salt and mix it in well.
- Add in the fish and let it cook for 3-4 minutes by which the fish should be completely cooked. Make sure to handle the fish gently.
- Turn the heat to high to let all the water evaporate and then give a good mix and turn off the heat.