Keeping this recipe that is used for making kara pori I decided to use the fox nuts a try.
Garlic and Curry leaves flavored Roasted Lotus Seeds (Phool Makhana)
Preparation Time:5 minutes
Cooking Time:15 minutes
- a pack of phool makhana
- 6 garlic cloves thin slices
- curry leaves 2 sprigs
- 1 -2 tsp of chili powder
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ghee or any oil (for a vegan version)
- Heat the ghee or oil in a wide mouthed pan or kadai.
- When hot add the garlic and saute for a minute, don't let it get burnt. Add in the curry leaves.
- Now add the salt, chili powder and turmeric powder, saute for a few seconds and add in the lotus seeds.
- Saute for about 5-8 minutes stirring continuously till the spice powders are well coated.These are perfect for a snack any time of the day.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!