Costa Rica as we know is where most of the pineapples that we see in the US come from. It is no surprise that they have figured out the easiest way to cut and peel pineapples. On our recent visit to Costa Rica I asked and learned a simple method for peeling and cutting pineapples. No more missed eyes and missed pieces of core that you have to spit out. The cut pieces of pineapple you may have seen turn a dark color if some of the eyes are left in the fruit. With this method there is none of that problem either.
Without further adieu here is the simplest method of peeling and cutting pineapples.
|Place the pineapple on a sturdy cutting board and cut off the crown and bottom.|
|Cut the Pineapple lengthwise into 4 quarters. Take one of the quarters slice off the top to remove the core. Score the pineapple lengthwise and across and cut close to the skin.|
|Score the pineapple lengthwise and across and cut close to the skin.|
|Cut all along the bottom close to the skin all the way through. Remove the pineapple pieces and they are ready to be eaten.|
|The cutting takes less than 10 minutes start to finish.|
Hassle Free Peeling and Cutting Pineapple
Time Taken:10 minutes
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Knife
- Place a cutting board on a sturdy table or counter top. Cut both the crown and the bottom of the pineapple.
- Cut the pineapple lengthwise into 4 quarters.
- Take each quarter and slice off the core on the top.
- Score the pineapple lengthwise and across into smaller cubes.
- Slice the pineapple close to the skin and cut along the underside till the pineapple come loose.
- Repeat with all other quarters.Nice and cleans pineapple pieces ready to enjoy.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!