Making deep fried chicken poses its own set of problems. So roasting is the compromise not on taste though. The chicken is marinated for a couple of hours at least whereas the vegetables don't have to be marinated. If you want to marinate it not to be done for more than 20 minutes.
Some recipes roast the chicken and vegetables together. I prefer to roast them separately as the roasting time for both are different.
|Get the chicken drumsticks ready. Remove skin and place 2 slits. Prepare the marinade.|
|Place the chicken and marinade in the ziplock bag and let it sit in the fridge. Get a baking tray lined with aluminum foil, spray and set the drumsticks on it. Bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes till it is completed cooked, can be checked by using a knife to check if the meat is completely white. Red indicates that the meat has to be cooked more.|
|Prepare the vegetables and bake them in the top tray for about 20 minutes.|
|Serve the roasted chicken and vegetables just by themselves or with some tortillas.|
Roasted Chicken and VegetablesLike what you are reading? Subscribe!
Preparation Time:15 minutes + 2 hours marination time
Cooking Time:30-40 minutes
- 8 drumsticks - remove skin, wash, pat dry the moisture and make slits on the drumsticks on either side
- Vegetables - Green Beans, Radish, Carrots and Grape tomatoes - slice the radish into round, cut the carrots as stick and split the tomatoes in halfMarinade for the chicken
- 2 tsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp tom tom sauce (or any stir fry sauce or just leave it out) OR 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp grated ginger + 1/2 tbsp grated garlic
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade together. Take the drumsticks in a ziplock bag, pour the marinade shake so it is well coated and keep it in the refrigerator for at least couple of hours or even longer.For the Vegetables
- Mix all the vegetables except the tomatoes in a tsp of oil, black pepper and a tiny bit of salt.
Serve with corn tortillas on the side.
- Pre heat the oven to 400F. Line a baking tray with foil and spray with oil. Set the marinated drumsticks on the tray and bake for 30-35 minutes in total. Turn half way through and bake till it is cooked completely. When poked with a knife there should be no red inside.
- Place the vegetables on a greased baking tray in a single layer and bake on the top rack and they should be done in about 15 minutes or so.