We gave it a try. I would not say it was a smashing success but enough to make both of us happy. Seeing the contestants struggle on the show to make the perfect poached eggs we knew that it was not going to be easy. The process itself is very simple, just getting it right is the problem.
|Swirl the water with a spoon and add the egg to the center.|
|Cook for 5 minutes and remove with a slotted spoon and serve immediately.|
Preparation Time:5 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- black pepper powder or sriracha for taste
- Heat a sauce pan in which you wish to poach your eggs with water and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and vinegar to the water.
- Break the egg into a cup and keep it ready.
- Swirl the water with a spoon and pour the egg into the water.
- Let cook for 5 minutes with the lid closed. Do not disturb till done.
- Remove the egg with a slotted spoon.Serve with any bread of choice.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!