The slight sweetness these sweet corn impart to the paniyarams makes them a special treat. The recipe for how to make idli batter is here.
|Separate the corn kernels, blend and add to the idli batter.|
|Take the onions, cumin seeds and curry leaves and blend to a coarse paste.|
|Add the onion paste to the corn-idli batter and mix it in.|
|Make the paniyarams in the paniyaram pan.|
Fresh Maize (Makka Cholam) Paniyaram - Minced Fresh Corn Danish style pancakesLike what you are reading? Subscribe!
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:30 minutes
Serves : 4-6
- 3 cups of idli batter
- 3 fresh sweet corn kernels removed
- 1/4 red onion
- a sprig of curry leaves
- a tsp of cumin seeds
- oil for cooking the paniyaram
- Using a knife slice corn kernels from the cob. In a grinder or blender grind to a fairly smooth without adding too much water.
- Mix the corn paste to the idli batter.
- In a blender take the onions, curry leaves and cumin seeds and blend to a coarse paste and mix into the batter.
- Put the paniyaram pan on the stove and add a bit of oil to each hole and add the batter. Let cook on one side(about 2-3 minutes). Cover with a lid if required to cook faster.
- Flip cook on the other side. Repeat.Serve with coconut chutney.