Another reason why RVs are on my mind is because I gave my first interview to a site that provides information on RV travel. This one might just come in handy when we do decide to take that long trip. Head on over there if you want to take a read.
Now the reason for this recipe,
Packing kids lunches in the mornings can sometimes get to be a bit like conjuring up magic. They have specific rules and regulations which makes it something of a challenge. Has to be finger foods like and also tasty and should include some sort of vegetables and the last one is my criteria not theirs. Some days I just don't have the mojo to be creative but I have frozen peas, carrots and frozen corn(but not this particular day). So this dish was born at 5:00 AM one day, not all that original but still. It turns out that this kiddy dish can be an adult meal as well because I saved some for my lunch box and it tasted pretty good at lunch time.
Green Peas and Carrots Salad
1. 1 Cup green peas (frozen or fresh)
2. 2 Carrots pealed and diced
3. 1 Cup of corn (I usually use frozen but did not use it this time)
4. 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
5. 1/2 tsp of pepper powder (more as per taste)
6. 1 tbsp or more of shredded Parmesan cheese (or any cheese)
7. 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
8. a pinch or two of salt
1. Parboil the peas, carrots and corn with salt, drain and set aside.
2. In a pan add the olive oil and the cooked vegetables.
3. Add in the pepper powder, ketchup and give a good stir.
4. Turn off heat and sprinkle the Parmesan on top.
Pack a couple of slice of butter toasted bread for a simple satisfying lunch box meal.