Brother and boy cousins no offense to any of you. I had great fun with all of you running around like a tom boy and doing things that most boys do. Those girly feelings and emotions never had a chance. My brother and cousins, they are still the best in their own way. They are not sisters that's all :)
cooked turkey kheema
Those of you who have sisters talk to them a lot, those sisterly chats you have with them is supposed to make you happier. Read this article in the New York Times - Why Sisters Chats Make People Happier. Those of you with sisters might say duh!
Stuffed parathas always make me happy cooking them and seeing the family, myself included enjoying them. If you happen to have some minced meat, I have used turkey, any minced meat would work these tasty parathas is something you ought to try.
After tasting minced turkey from the Lancaster Dutch market I cannot bring myself to buy anywhere else.
Turkey Kheema Paratha
1. 1 lb minced turkey
2. 1 cup of finely chopped shallots
3. 1 tbsp grated ginger
4. 5 garlic cloves finely chopped
5. 1 tbsp red chili powder
6. 1 tsp cumin powder
7. 1 tsp fennel seeds (or roast and powder) + 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
8. salt to taste
9. 1 tsp of oil
1. Prepare the chapati dough and let it rest. I usually add salt and a few tbsps of yogurt to make the dough.
2. In a wide mouthed pan heat the oil, add the fennel and cumin seeds followed by the onions and saute till they turn translucent
3. Add the grated ginger and garlic and let them brown
4. Add the powders and mix it in
5. Now add the minced turkey and salt and saute for a few minutes. Cover the lid and let it cook
6. Open the lid and let the liquid evaporate and make sure the turkey is completely cooked. Set aside to cool
7. Now take a lemon sized ball of dough and roll it a cirlce of about 4 inches in diameter
8.Place the minced turkey in the center, gather the edges and make a ball
9. Roll the dough but carefully so the stuffing does not spill out. Make the paratha as thick or thin as want
10. On a hot gridle place the rolled out dough, spray oil on the sides and on top. Cook on one side, flip and cook on the other side
Serve with raita or pickles.