The Ringling Bros. And Barnum & Bailey made a visit to the DC area over the spring break. The kids enjoyed the show a lot and DD was so happy she even made a poem.
Boiled eggs in a tomato and onion gravy is a simple and quick dish to make whenever in a need of a quick side dish with minimum amount of work. It pairs up well with pretty much anything - rice, chapatis or even dosais.
1. 4 Hard boiled Eggs
2. 1/2 Red Onion sliced lengthwise and then cut in half
3. 1 tomato chopped fine
4. 1 tbsp tomato paste
5. 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
6. 1 tsp cumin powder
7. 1 tsp chicken masala
8. 2 tsp chili powder
9. salt to taste
10. coriander leaves for garnish
1. In a wide mouthed pan, heat oil and add the onions and saute till translucent
2. Add the tomatoes and salt and cook till tomatoes are soft.
3. Now add the powders , mix and saute for a minute
4. Add the ginger and saute for a minute more
5. Now add the tomato paste with 2-3 tbsp of water and let it cook till the raw smell disappears.
6. Check for salt. Switch off the heat
7. Cut the eggs in half and place on the tomato gravy
8. Spoon gravy on top.