Lemon Pickle with garlic and green chilies
1. 15 limes
2. 6 garlic clove chopped
3. 10 Green Chillies
4. 1/4 Cup Salt
5. 1/4 Cup Sesame Oil (nalla ennai)
1. 1/2 Cup Red chillies
2. 2 tsp methi seeds
3. 1 tsp mustard seeds
roast 2 and 3 and combined with the dried red chillies and make a powder
1/4 Cup Pickle Masala Powder
1. Boil pot of water, add 3 tbsp of sugar. Remove from fire add the limes(whole) cover with a lid and let it stand for 10 minutes, it changes color from green to yellow.
2. Remove from water wait for them to cool, wipe dry and cut each into 4 pieces.
1. In a clean glass jar add the limes, garlic and chillies and salt
2. Place a cloth on the mouth and secure with a rubber band. Let it sit in the sun for 2-3 days. (the longer they stand the softer the outer skin and less bitter)
3. Set about 3 tbsp of water to boil.
4. In a Kadai (pan) heat oil, add mustard seeds and to that add the lime mixture and chilli powder and mix well.
4. Add the boiling water to this and reduce the heat to medium.
5. When the oil start to leave the edges switch off the heat.
Pickle is ready and all is well in the household again like a big happy family. It was delightful to bite into a garlic or green chilli. DB is free to visit any time now.