1. 15 brinjals split in half
2. 1 Cup of Dominican Red Beans Cooked for about 1 whistle (the beans should not fall apart)
3. 1/4 Red Onion Chopped
4. ½ inch ginger grated
5. 5-8 Garlic Cloves
6. seasonigns - methi seeds, curry leaves and mustard seeds
optional - cloves 2 , cinnamon sticks 1/4 inch
7. 1 tbsp Lemon juice.
1. 1/4 Medium Red onion + 5-6 small red onions
2. 2 Red Tomatoes
3. 1 tbsp corriander powder
4. 2 Read Chillies
5. 2 tsp cumin powder
Saute the onions till translucent and add the tomatoes and saute till soft. Add
the powders mix and blend to a paste
1. In a pan heat the oil, add methi seeds, curry leaves and mustard seeds and when mustard seeds starts to pop add the onions and saute till translucent
2. Add the garlic saute for a minute
3. Add the Brinjal and saute till it starts to turn color
4. Add the cooked beans, ground paste and salt.
5. Add a cup of water
Boil till required consistency is reached. Finish with a tbsp of squeezed lemon juice.
Serve with rice or rotis.