1. 2,10oz boxes of frozen spinach thawed(substitue with Thandu keerai or any greens)
2. 1 medium sized onion chopped
3. 1 or 2 cups moong dal cooked and drained(should not be mushy mine turned a little mushy)
4. 2 Red Chillies split in half and seeds removed.
4. seasonings (1 tbsp urad dal, cumin, mustard ,curry leaves)
5. 1/2 tsp of oil
6. 1 tbsp coconut (optional) (I did not add)
1. Heat oil in a wide mouthed pan, add urad dal when it starts to brown add cumin, mustard and curry leaves.
2. When the mustard starts to splutter add the onion and when the onions starts to brown add the Red chillies and the thawed spinach and cook for a few minutes
3. When the water is almost gone add the Moong dal, enough salt and cook till all the water is gone.
4. When you are ready to turn off the heat add the coconut if doing so.
Serve with chappathis or just by itself.