This is a take off of Vaishali's Padval Dalimbya (Snake gourd with Hyacinth beans) . I did not have Hyacinth beans but had some fresh Snake gourds and looking for an alternative to hyacinth beans hit upon Horse gram (ton of protein indeed). It was really delicious.
1. 3/4 cup horsegram
2. 1/2 red onion chopped
3. Snake gourd sliced thin
4. 1 1/2 tsp chilly or sambhar powder
5. Season: mustard, urad dal, cumin and curry leaves
1. Heat oil in a pan, add the seasonings.
2. Add the onions and fry till translucent.
3. Add the snake gourd pieces and cook till soft.
4. Add salt and cooked horsegram and sambhar powder.
5. Mix well and cook for a few more minutes
It is time to say goodbye to summer and welcome Fall which is never an easy thing, love summer so.