I usually fry them in a little oil and if I am not careful they will disappear even before I get to add them to the dish I am preparing. Anyway they are perfect in Pasta in some spicy tomato sauce. The meatballs are slightly sweet so a spicy sauce goes well with them. They can also be added to Indian style gravies like this one - kheema urundai kuzhambu.
|Cook the meatballs. Prepare the sauce and add them in.|
|Add in the cooked pasta, sprinkle with cheese and it is done.|
I am not a big pasta fan but for some reason I was craving for some and the kids are always happy when pasta is on the menu and along with these chicken meatballs nothing can go wrong. If you are interested in making your own meatballs you can use this recipe here - Slighty Sriracha'd turkey meatballs with ginger soy sauce.
Pasta with Chicken Meatballs
Cooking Time:30 minutes
- 15-20 chicken meatballs (store bought or home made)
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 3-4 roughly chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp pepper sauce
- 3-4 very ripe tomatoes chopped fine
- 2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 6-7 oz whole wheat Penne paste
- 1/3 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese or Asiago cheese (I used Asiago Cheese)
- Heat half the oil in a dutch oven or a wide mouthed pan and add the chicken meatballs and saute till they are heated through and nicely browned on all sides.
- While the meatballs are cooking, set a pot to cook the pasta as per the cooking instructions.
- Remove the chicken meatballs aside, add the rest of the oil and when hot add the onions and garlic and saute till they are starting to brown on all sides.
- Add salt, black pepper powder and red chili powder and give a good mix.
- Add in the tomatoes and saute till they are mushy.
- Add in the cooked meatballs and let it cook for another 6-8 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add it into the tomato sauce with the cooked meatballs. Cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add cheese mix and turn off the heat.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!