Traditionally pine nuts are used for making pesto I had only walnuts so made use of those. Pine nuts are not only expensive they turn rancid pretty quickly so if you buy them to make pesto use them right away.
Here is my take on pesto,
|In a saute pan add oil, add 2-3 tbsp of pesto, cook for a couple of minutes. Add cooked pasta or noodles, toss to coat and serve.|
Pesto - Basil and walnuts
Preparation Time:15 minutes
- 3 cups of washed and moisture removed fresh Basil leaves
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 3/4 - 1 cup of olive oil
- 2 green chilies (optional)
- 2 tsp of black pepper
- salt to taste
- In a blender take the basil leaves, chilies, walnuts, salt and pepper and blend to a smooth paste with addition of olive oil at regular intervals.
- Top of with more olive oil.Use within 1-2 days of preparation for best taste. Pesto Noodles
- Cook the pasta or any noodles of choice.
- Heat a saute pan, heat 2 tsp of olive oil, add 2-3 tbsp of pesto or as required for the amount of pasta. Mix and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta, toss to coat and serve hot. Sprinkle with cheese or coarsely crushed nuts of top before serving.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!