|Start with soaked blue corn and when it is half way through grinding add the rice and lentils.|
|Mix with salt and let it ferment. The picture on the right is after 8 hours. It would not rise like idli batter does but will turn slightly sour.|
The color was amazing and the taste fantastic.
Blue Corn, Purple and Red Rice Dosai - Makka Cholam Dosai
Preparation Time:30 minutes + overnight soaking and fermenting
Cooking Time:30 minutes
Serves : 4-6
For the batterMethod
- 2 cups of blue corn
- 1/2 cup of Thai Purple rice
- 1/2 cup of Bhutan Red Rice
- 1 cup of idli rice (if you do not want the 2 rice mentioned above use 2 cups of idli rice)
- 2 tbsp of urad dal + 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds
- salt to taste
- 1/2 onion + few curry leaves + 2 tsp cumin seeds + 1 tbsp grated ginger
- Wash and soak the corn, rice and lentils separately, overnight.
- Using a wet grinder start blending the corn first and when it half way through, add the rice, lentils and fenugreek seeds. Blend to a fairly smooth batter with addition of just enough water to make a pourable batter.
- Add salt and let it ferment overnight or in warm weather about 8 hours should do it. Once fermented refrigerate till ready to use.
- Use a food processor or blender and mince the onions, curry leaves and cumin seeds coarsely and add it to the batter along with the ginger. Mix everything together.
- Heat the dosai pan pour a laddle of the batter, spread the batter using a circular motion. Cook on one side, flip and cook on the other till it nice and crisp.Serve with coconut chutney or any side dish of choice.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe!