Raw plantains work in a fry or grated banana fry so give those a try if you get only raw plantains. Once ripe they taste great as a dessert when roasted with ghee and caramelized with sugar.
Raw Banana masala fryLike what you are reading? Subscribe!
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:220 5 minutes
- 3 raw bananas
- 1/2 onion chopped
- salt to taste
- seasoning: mustard seeds, curry leaves and a 2 green chilies slitMasala
- 2 tbsp coconut
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 6 green chilies + 1 red chili
- 1/2 tsp of pepper corns
- Blend the above with a little bit of water to a fairly smooth paste
- 3 tsp of oil
- Steam the bananas till they are cooked. I use a pressure cooker without a weight. Cut the bananas in half and place them in a slotted vessel and let them steam for about 12-15 minutes. Peel and cut them into bit sized dices.
- In a wide mouthed vessel heat a tsp of oil and add the seasonings followed by the onions. Saute till they turn translucent.
- Add in the cooked bananas followed by the masala paste. Mix it in gently so the masala coats all of the pieces of banana
- Add salt and add the remaining oil when required. Continue to saute till the bananas are nicely coated and the masala has lost its moisture and they are nicely roasted.