These are so very easy to put together and are perfect as a quick appetizer or an evening snack. I used some salsa flavored cream cheese - yes that was new flavor in cheese for me as well.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Roasted Peppers
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:25 minutes
- 10-12 Jalapeno or any not too spicy peppers
- Cream Cheese of Choice - I used Salsa flavored Cream Cheese
- 1 -2 tsp of Olive Oil
- Slit the peppers in half and remove the stems and ribs (these are the spicy parts) or just cut the top off and scoop out seeds and rubs.
- Fill the halves of the pepper or the whole pepper with cheese or any filling you prefer.
- I used a toaster oven for broiling. If using conventional oven use the middle rack otherwise the peppers and the cheese will burn.
- Place the peppers on a foil lined and greased tray. Set the peppers with the cheese side on top, drizzle lightly with olive oil. Broil for about 8 minutes. Once the cheese is broiled it hardens up a little bit and ready for the next step. The next step is purely optional, if you like the pepper to be slightly more roasted proceed else stop here.
- Turn to the other side and broil the pepper side for another 6-8 minutes till it starts to blacken a little bit.
Cool and ready to eat. Some of these peppers are spicier than the others but the cream cheese in them mitigates the heat.
Don't miss a post! Subscribe!