This mango sorbet might not be something that you will be reaching out for on a day such as this one but on the other hand on a normal DC day this sorbet will come in quiet handy.
This sorbet was made with canned mango pulp but with the mango season on hand it can be made with fresh mangoes.
From Canned pulp
1. 1 30oz can of mango pulp (see note)
2. 1/2 cup of fresh mangoes sent through a blender and roughly chopped (as small or as chunky as you want)
2. juice from one small lemon (3 tsp worth)
From fresh Mangoes
1. Ripe juicy mango pieces enough to make 3 cups of pulp + maybe 1/2 cup of water (about 8-10 mangoes)
2. 1 cup of sugar (adjust accordingly)
3. 3 tsp of lemon juice
1. In an ice cream maker combine the mango pulp and lemon juice and let it set for about 25 minutes.
2. Scoop and freeze for another of couple of hours before serving.
3. If not using an ice cream maker freeze and every couple of hours break the crystal and let set again. Do this for 3 times and then freeze.
1. If using canned mango pulp do not add any extra sugar.