We had a very early morning flight and eating before leaving was simply not possible. Just because airlines have no problem serving peanuts at 6.00AM does not meant we can eat breakfast at 3:00AM. We had to fix something that would travel well and be done quickly and not end up missing the flight :)
Like HC aptly mentioned, whipping up our packed food to munch definitely felt good. Egg McMuffins from McDs has always been a favorite and is the inspiration for this breakfast sandwich. Very easy to put together and great to carry along and eat in the plane without a big mess.
Our flight was at 5.30AM, we had to leave home by 3.30AM. It took me exactly 20 minutes to put together 6 of these sandwiches to be eaten during our stopover at 7.30AM. Along with some muffins we were more than ready for our trip. Who in the world advises these airlines on serving peanuts or pretzels at 6.00AM in the morning? Seriously!
This has become my go to breakfast of choice in the mornings when there is no time to eat and I have to carry it with me.
English Muffins with Eggs
1. 6 Whole Wheat English Muffins
2. 6 Eggs
3. Pepper powder and salt to taste
4. Cream cheese (flavored works best) or cheese slices
5. Tomato pickle (optional)
6. Oil Spray
1. In a pan preferably small to control the size of the omelet being made. Spray the pan with oil
2. Break the egg into the pan, sprinkle pepper powder and salt. Cook on both sides thoroughly. Set aside
3. Toast the English muffin and spread cream cheese (and the pickle if using)
4. Place the omelet between the 2 slices and wrap securely in wax paper.
Can it be any simpler