Wishing you a Very Happy Mother's Day. Moms! you are the Best.
DD2 warmed the cockles of my heart when she presented this amazing box of choclate truffles this morning. I am wondering how could this be(how did the teacher manage to get a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds to make truffles?). Besides being a wonderful gift it seemed so appropriate. DD had planned for it to be revealed this morning just as I was starting to despair that the kids had forgotten about the event. Those were some of the best choclates ever.
Tip 1: Turn off lights around the house when not in use.
Tip 2: During winter, reduce the heater to below 60 during the night. Leave the windows open during the Spring and Summer months and turn on the air conditioner only when absolutely necessary.
Bell Pepper and Zucchini Raita
Raita make a great accompaniment to Biryani, Pulavs or other spiced dishes. I am not a big fan of raw onion raitas though nothing can beat their taste. Vegetable raitas besides being colorful also provide much needed vegetables on a non-veg day. We had them with Goat Biryani.
1. 1 Medium Sized Red Bell Pepper, deseeded and cut into small cubes
2. 1 Zucchini Cut into small cubes
3. 2 Red chilies broken and seeds removed
4. 1 tsp of mustard seeds
5. 1/4 tsp cumin powder
6. 1 Cup Yogurt
1. In a pan heat oil add the mustard seeds when they start to pop add the red chilies, saute for a second
2. Add the bell pepper and saute for a few minutes then add the Zucchini
3. Saute till they are slightly soft but still crunchy.
4. Add salt and the cumin toss and turn off the heat.
5. Whisk the yogurt to smooth
6. Wait for the veggies to cool and add them to the yogurt.
Serve with any flavored rice of choice.
Thanks to Vani of Mysoorean for bestowing this award on my blog. As per rules of the game, I have to come up with 4 sweets that I love. My ammayi's gulab jamoons, the best in the whole world. Soan Papdi, Pal Payasam and Godhmai Halwa also made by ammayi. I have a sweet tooth and can pop them into my mouth as soon as I wake up.
It is hard to pass it on to just 4 food blogs. I would like to pass it on to all the food bloggers who put their heart and love into their blogs.