DD2's baby sitter 'V' cooks some amazing Burmese dishes, I assume they are because she is from Burma and I am not very familiar with Burmese cuisine. She cooks this amazing potato dish with almost the same ingredients that go into our regular Potato Masal but tastes very different. Can be made dry by reducing the onions and tomatoes by since this is going to Sra's Grindless Gravies event this had some extra onions and tomatoes.
1. 6 Medium sized potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
2. 3/4 Red Onion and 4 garlic pods
3. 2 tomatoes chopped
4. a handful of finely chopped corriander leaves
5. 1/2 tbsp chili powder
6. 1 tsp turmeric powder
7. Salt to taste
8. 2 tsp oil
1. In a wide mouthed pad heat the oil, add the chopped onions and saute till they are brown.
2. Add turmeric powder, chili powder and mix
3. Add the tomatoes and saute till they turn mushy
4. Add the potatoes, cover and cook
5. add corriander leaves and salt and cook for a minute or two.
Tastes great with rice or rotis.